Monday, September 16, 2013

International Wishlist

I've been thinking a lot lately about travel - where I want to travel to, what I to see when I'm there - and it got me thinking about all the beauty products I would want to pick up abroad.  I constantly read product picks from bloggers in countries other than the US and I've developed a pretty long wish list. Here are a few:






& Other Stories Face Contour Cream I don't just want this. I think about it regularly. I hate powder in any form - translucent, bronzing, blush - I prefer to use all cream formulations on my face. There are very few cream bronzers on the market, and this is one of two that I have found that is actually a good color for contouring. Other cream bronzers are just too orange. Available in & Other Stories (price varies between currencies).

Pixi Glow Tonic There just aren't any affordable toners in US drugstores that have a good exfoliating acid in them. My skincare routine is definitely missing a good exfoliating toner - preferably with glycolic acid.  This one fits the bill. Available only in the Pixi Flagship Store in London (22a Fouberts Place) for 16 pounds. Picture from Beauty Mouth.

Barry M Gelly Nail Paints in Red Black, Nude, Mint Green, Indigo Nail polishes can be very affordable if you find a good formula and I've heard great things about the Barry M polishes.  They also come in a great range of colors.  I'm especially interested to see if Red Black is a color dupe for Essie's Wicked. Available in UK drugstores for 3 pounds.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo La Roche-Posay is available in some US drugstores, but the Effaclar duo formulation is made with benzoyl peroxide in the US and salicylic acid in the rest of the world. This makes it two completely different products (spot treatment vs. all-over-face treatment). Available in French pharmacies and many other countries.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Bourjois is available pretty much everywhere besides the US (if you're near Canada, this could be easy to get) and I've heard great things about this foundation and its effect on normal to dry skin. Available in drugstores in many countries, price varies.

MaxFactor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush Cream blush might be my favorite makeup product. Yes, that does mean more than mascara. These cream blushes have rave reviews in terms of the formula, comes in four beautiful looking shades, and has very minimal packaging. Right up my alley. Available in a lot of countries.

Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner This seems like a great base under makeup for someone like me with combination skin.  I would use this in anywhere I get blemishes or enlarged pores and would help even out my skin so foundation sits right. Bioderma is available in French pharmacies.

Bioderma Crealine H2O The famous micellaire solution that is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and thourough. The makeup remover for every woman, but only available in French pharmacies.

That's my wishlist and I've now added my eight more reasons to travel very soon. Hopefully this was the final push I needed to get across the pond.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment