Thursday, September 12, 2013

Buxom Full-On Lip Stick in Shanghai




I wanted to do a quick review of this lip stick because it's one of those random products that I own that I have heard nothing about on the internet.  It was a gift from a friend and she doesn't have the unhealthy obsession that I have with beauty blogs, but she does see how I wear my makeup.  So she chose a product I've never heard of, but she nailed the color choice.  It is definitely my favorite shade in my possession.

I was trying to swatch it, but the pictures I took didn't do it justice.  It's a very purple lipstick, but it works for someone with light cool tone skin like me, and I imagine it would greater for deeper skintones as well.  Plus, the blue undertone makes your teeth look really white.

It's sort of a cross between a jumbo lip pencil and a lipstick with a very matte and long-lasting finish.  It's an automatic roll-up with a built-in sharpener in the bottom making the application very simple and precise.

This is not a particularly moisturizing or easy to apply product.  It's the kind of lipstick that takes a few minutes to get on in the morning, but the result is a bold, long-lasting color that only requires touch ups after eating. My perfect formula.

It retails for $19 at Sephora, but you can get it in various shades in value kits (Barcelona in this one).  I've got my eye on Tokyo and Havana, but I doubt any shade will ever live up to Shanghai.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment